Friday, November 4, 2016

The Cup to Drink

John 17:11b, 18:37b “The cup which My Father hath given Me, shall I not drink it?”…To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.”


What is in the cup? We all have a cup filled with life and purpose. God has given us each a cup to drink and to this end were we born. What is life about and why am I here in this world? This question is asked from people from all parts of the world and from every station in life. We only live once on this earth, and God has allowed us to be apart of this world. The providence of God has filled each one of our cups to fulfill His will and to glorify Him. It is up to us weather we will be willing to drink of the cup He has given us. Life happens and it is no accident for God is in full control. “I care not today what the morrow may bring, if shadow or sunshine or rain, The Lord I know ruleth o’er everything…” Not everyone’s cup is the same, but knowing it is God who fills it, makes it easier to drink and knowing that our lives can be used for the cause of God to see His Kingdom come to pass. 

No comments: