Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Rejoice in His Word

Psalm 119:14, 15.16 “  I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate on Thy precepts and attend unto Thy ways. I will delight myself in Thy statutes; I will not forget Thy word.”


Sometimes reading and mediating on God’s Word is like a sword. It pierces the heart with convictions and reveals what lurks in the shadows when the light of His Word searches the soul. Rejoicing is not the first emotions that comes to my mind. His law, His commandments show us how sinful we are, and how bad we need a Savior. His Word does not leave us without hope. The testimony of the Lord is to show us that we don’t have to live in darkness and sin, that we can rejoice that He has provided a way to live and to live more abundantly. His Word becomes light that shine before us, leading us day by day to walk close to Him. We have a heart of gratitude, we give Him praise for giving us His Word that we can learn to walk in His precepts. His Word, that became flesh can now dwell in our hearts and fill us with joy beyond riches. 

No comments: