Thursday, November 24, 2016

Giving Thanks To God

Col. 3:17 “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by Him.”- 


In everything you do, give thanks to God. Life brings a lot of ups and downs and it is tough to give thanks when the hard times come. I have never been in need where I was in a state of starvation, or where I would lay my head for the night. God has not allowed me to go through such testing. I would pray that even if He had me go through such difficult times, that I would still be thankful to God for His love and mercy. An attitude of a thankful heart is to give praise to God for all things. For all things work together for good to them that love God and are called to fulfill His purpose in our lives. For our purpose in life is to glorify the Father, and to give thanks in everything. Yes, even in times of distress and unpleasant situations. Knowing that nothing happens by chance, that God is in Control and we can rest and be thankful that He knows what is best. 

No comments: