Monday, June 13, 2016

I Cried Unto Thee

Psalm 141 :1 “Lord, I cry unto Thee! Make haste unto me! Give ear unto my voice when I cry unto Thee.”-


In desperation and when facing difficult situations, we often will fall on our knees, or lift up our heads toward heaven and ask God to hear our prayers. Crying out in prayer in not just a casual conversation as we talk with God. A prayer that cries out is packed with a lot of emotion and sincerity. It implies that we are in need of immediate help and need God to answer in some way. There are times that we need to cry out for help. Satan is out to devour and destroy. In time of temptation, we are tempted to say things that may be unkind. We cry out and ask God to keep our heart tender and compassionate. The temptation to do wrong is not beyond a Christian who is fully surrendered to the will of God and filled with the Holy Spirit. We are human and subject to the limitation of this human body. We cannot make it on our own. We need His help. “Lord, I cry unto Thee! Make haste unto me! Give ear unto my voice when I cry unto Thee for the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

No comments: