Monday, February 22, 2016

Still Before God

Psalm 46: 10 “ Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted on the earth.”- 

Getting still before God “allows us to admit our failures, weaknesses, and limitations to the One who responds to human vulnerability with infinite mercy.” In the stillness of night or day, God can arrest our attention. We live in a rushed and hurried world, slaved to the ticking clock of time. There is so much we feel that needs to be done. People to see, places to go, and pleasures to achieve. But in the busyness of life we don’t take time to be still and pray. Even as I write, the timer on my computer is telling me that it is time to move on, work is calling. But we must take time to quiet our minds and listen to what God has to say. Time to know God and read His word. Taking time before God reveals our deepest need of how helpless we are and how dependent we are on Him. 

No comments: