Friday, February 26, 2016

Not Too Old for God

Isaiah 46:4. 9 “And even to your old age I am He, and even to hoary hairs will I carry you. I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is none other; I am God, and there is none like Me”-

Not too old for God. Aging comes up behind us so quickly. Knowing that there are more days behind us that are in front of us is sobering. The older we get, the more we realize the things of this world are just dust of the earth. Eternity is just over the horizon. The passing of time is seen as are skin begins to change, and the color of our hair turns grey, or white. We no longer can do the things we use to do and our effectiveness is inhibited by our inability to get around like we use to. But, growing old is part of God’s plan, unless providence takes our life unexpectedly at a younger age. God does not put us on the shelf, but will often redirect our mission in life. He does not leave us helpless and He does not forsake us. Even in our old age, He will show Himself to be the God of old, and go before us as we fight battles only known to those who are getting old. “Lord, almost 58 years have gone by, and God willing, I have 20-30 years left. Help me to trust you more each day and to remember that there is no other God that can carry me through like you can. You are God and there is none like You!”

No comments: