Friday, January 31, 2014

Garment of Salvation


Isa 61:10 “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall be joyful in my God. For He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation; He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness” 

Born in sin we all bare the shame of our nakedness. Once innocent and blameless before God, sin enter the world through our 1st parents who caused us to lose our holy disposition. They hid from God, looking for cover for they were ashamed that they were without clothes. But, God in His great mercy, sent Jesus to shed His blood that we may be clothes in robe of righteousness. It is the righteousness of God, not of any merit that we have done that we can now stand boldly in the presence of God. Christ, our garment of salvation has covered us with His grace and mercy to live blameless and without shame before Him. This is something to rejoice about!.

No comments: