Friday, February 17, 2023

In The Potter's Hand

  Isaiah 64:8

But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand
“Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.” is the chorus often sung in our worship services. We are nothing until we are made into a vessel that God can use. Our humanity is like a lump of clay. It is not until we let God, the maker of life, mold us into something that can be used to His glory.  He is the potter that wants to form us into a vessel that can be filled with the Holy Spirit. Satan would desire to make us a vessel that is filled with self, malice, corrupt communication, and all manner of sinfulness. The Father wants to take the works of Satan and reshape us into His image. When we yield our lives to God, we surrender our desires and ambitions, we allow Him to be the Lord of lives. We are crucified with Christ. “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me..” Gal.2:20. This is what it means to allow God to mold us and make us. We are the work of His hand, let God mold you into something special, someone He can use for His Kingdom.

No comments: