Thursday, April 20, 2023

Pressing Toward the Prize

 Philip 3:13,14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,.. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

The past is behind me. The things of the world have been left behind. I have come to the understanding that I am nothing, and all my good works are but waste and fruitless in obtaining salvation. Going to church, following all the rules of behavior and ritual all come short. Like the rich young ruler, evening keeping all the moral laws of God, I still come empty handed. I now press toward the cross of Christ, looking only to Jesus for grace and forgiveness. There is now a higher calling, a calling to be more like Jesus, a desire to obtain the perfect mind of Christ. Looking for the day where this body will be resurrected and adamic perfection is obtained, mortality becomes immortality. But until that day, we press toward Christian perfection, our hearts can be perfect before God. Keep your eyes on the goal, the prize of eternal life. The journey may not be easy, but it will be worth it all. Keep pressing on!

No comments: