Monday, April 10, 2023

My Grace is Sufficient

 2 Corinth 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Paul, the great Apostle of Jesus Christ was given a “thorn in the flesh” that was a constant temptation to question his faith. Satan used it against him to weaken his resolve. It is not clear what this “thorn in the flesh” was, but it was big enough that Paul requested 3 times for it to be removed. Paul surmised that it was put there to keep him humbled and depended on Christ. It reminded him how human he was, and how great God’s grace is to help him in his suffering, and overcome the obstacles that are set before him. When we come to the end of our endurance, realize the weakness of our humanity, His grace is sufficient. Sometimes God has to bring us to that place in our lives when we must trust in the power of Christ to see us through. The mighty arm of the flesh will fail us. Man’s ego, when not submitted to God can cause us to depend on our own strength and abilities, like Nebuchadnezzar, we can be exalted above measure. Paul asked that this thorn be removed, but God’s will was for it to remain. Paul, a man of prayer and faith, did not question God, but accepted God's control and will over his life. Things will come into our lives that will be a “thorn in the flesh”, But Christ, who knows what is best for us, says, “My grace is sufficient, keep trusting Me.”

No comments: