Thursday, November 28, 2019

Praise & Thanksgiving


Psalm 9:1-2 I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
We praise God for who He is and give thanks for the things He does for us. Praise is always in order, even when things are not always going the way we think they should. We show our thanksgiving or gratitude to Him by praising Him for all His marvelous works. He has blessed us with many things in life that we often take for granted. But even if such blessings were not given, we can still be glad and rejoice because He loved us and bought us with His blood. When we receive such a gift from Him, we then lift our hearts in thanksgiving for the grace and mercy He bestows on us. Thanksgiving and gratitude are reciprocal, it applies that there is a giver and a receiver. Praise is not depended on receiving. We praise Him because He is worthy of our praise, and thank Him for giving us salvation. “I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter is gates with praise.”

No comments: