Tuesday, April 3, 2018

God is Good All The Time


Ps 119 68, 71 Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes….It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. 
God is good all the time, even during affliction. How can this be? If God is good, then we would always experience things in our lives that bring pleasure and happiness. How can God be good when every time I turn around something bad is happening to me or someone else. We look at life as a series of events. The events are either good, bad, or indifferent, they don’t make us happy or sad. But the sovereignty of God sees our life from the beginning to the end. To those who love Him and desire to fulfill His will, all the good and bad things in life work together to a good end. When going through hard times or difficult situations, it is not easy to say , it is good for me that  bad things are happening to me. For it is during these times, that I have learned to lean on Him. To trust in His word that He is in control.  God is good, all the time for He is the calm in the storm. 

No comments: