Friday, April 27, 2018

Wisdom From God


Proverbs: 8: 11, 17 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it….I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. The wisdom of this world is not the wisdom of God. The wisdom of this world is tainted with selfish desires and want of pleasure. It seeks to preserve self at any cost and always has hidden motivations. Money is not the root of all evil, but loving money more than loving God and people often causes individuals to make bad choices. Those that seek riches are not wise. Aspiring to make money and obtain material things for legitimate pleasure is not folly, but neither is it prudent to seek it at the expense of others or at the detriment of our relationship to Christ. The wisdom we are to seek is the wisdom that comes from God. His wisdom is selfless, loving, and understanding. His wisdom looks at life with eternity in mind. Those that seek first His Kingdom will seek wisdom early in life and early each day. My prayer each morning as I start my day “ Lord, given me wisdom to do what is right and to make decisions that will make this world a better place to live, and keep my motivation on things that are eternal”- Amen.

No comments: