Sunday, May 12, 2013

John 1-2


From the beginning He was the light. Before the foundations of the world came into existence, He was making worlds and creating universes. Satan being cast to the earth turned the hearts of men to live in darkness. The law revealed to man that they were no longer children of light, but of darkness. But the light pierced the darkness and brought grace and truth to the hearts of men. Those who received the light became the children of light and were made sons of God and given power to overcome the darkness of the world. The Word gave power over sin and the light began to spread through out the land. (John1)



Standing by the river side of Jordan, John beheld the only begotten son of the Father. The lamb sent from Heaven to become the redeemer of men. The forerunner of the Messiah’s time was coming to an end. He who called men to repentance would step aside and make room for Him who would baptized men with fire and the Holy Ghost. John fulfilled his calling and faded away. His call was, “Take your eyes off of me, and behold Him who will save the world” Truly He is the Son of God. (john)



Miracles always astonish those who live earthly. To me, miracles imply that a super natural intervention took place. Do miracles still happen? I must confess my lack of faith when it comes to things happening that are out of the norm of natural healing or circumstantial providence. i believe that God has His hand in all things, but intervening in such a way that goes contrary to nature always arouses doubt of skepticism in me that causes me to scrutinize the validity of the “miracle” Yet, I know, based on God’s Word that He can do the impossible. He turned the water into wine and cause the blind to see. “Lord open my eyes that I may see the wondrous miracles that God has in stored for my life, may I see the clear water of life turn red with with the taste of everlasting joy.” (john 2)

No comments: