Monday, July 5, 2021

Speaking God's Word

 1 Corinth 2:4

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.


Sharing Jesus to others elegantly in persuasive speech is not one of my talents. I’m not an oracle who is able to take the English language and adequately explain God’s word. Yes, I have become very knowledgeable in understanding the doctrine and teachings of Jesus, and the other Apostles, whose words are inspired by the Holy Spirit. Give me time to process, I can do a fairly good job in explaining God’s words to others in writing. But, my mind will often go blank when presented with the challenge of presenting these truth orally when opportunity comes to share His word. Times like this, I have to fall on the power of the Holy Spirit to help me to say what needs to be said. I, like Moses, have challenges speaking in public or to others the words that I have seen others do so adequately. It is through the demonstration of the Spirit that I must depend on being  faithful to speak truth, and provide the message of hope and instruction to live blameless in this present world. Plant the seed of God’s word, and let God do His work. His word will not return void.

No comments: