Friday, July 16, 2021

Hope in God

 Psalm 43:5
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
The soul that is cast down can be caused by many reasons. It appears here that the psalmist is in a state of discouragement or depression. His enemy is constantly oppressing him. The circumstances in his life are not in his favor. Life is happening and it is not good. It appears that God is far from him and is silent. Where does one go when life is not going well? The answer is still in trusting God. Look to Him and lift up your heart in praise. Praise Him in spite of the circumstances. Praise Him in the face of adversity. Praise Him even when your emotions are in a state of despair. He is a great Physician and will send the Holy Spirit to heal your broken and discouraging heart. “O my soul, trust in God, believe that He will see you through, put your hope in God”.

No comments: