Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Faith to be Saved


Luke 18:42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.

Faith requires some action. James says that “Faith without works is dead” We are not saved by works, but our faith is demonstrated by the effort we make to step out in faith. Taking the first step is an act of works. It requires action on the part of the person who has faith. The blind man begging on the street corner demonstrated his faith when he cried out and was given an audience with the one he believed could heal his blinded eyes. We are all born as sinners and are blinded by sin in our lives. I remember when Jesus passed by in my life. The day my eyes were open to His love, grace and forgiveness. I saw that I was a sinner in need of a Savior. Jesus spoke to my heart and said, “Believe in Me and you will be saved” It will be a day that I will never forget,when my eyes were open to the spiritual world around me. If we but believe, have faith that He is God and is able to open our eyes, He will do it!

No comments: