Saturday, November 4, 2017

My Song Brings a Smile

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.


I’m not a very good singer, but my heart sings for joy when I think of the goodness of God. We don’t always feel like singing, but the song He puts in our heart propels us to continue on regardless of the circumstances that we may face. As the song writer writes, “I have a song that Jesus gave me, It was sent from heaven above. There never was a sweeter melody, Tis a melody of love” It is a song that puts a smile on our face. We don’t always feel like smiling and life has a way of wiping the smiles off our face. But we don’t trust the world to bring us happiness, but we trust in Him, the one that causes us to rejoice and to sing unto we smile again. 

No comments: