Saturday, March 11, 2017

Walking in Truth

Psalm 86:11 Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Walking in truth assumes we know what truth is. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and  the life, no man can come the Father except by me” Walking in truth is to walk in Christ, to live in the Vine and to live a life that reflects the teaching of the Savior. The world says that what is truth to one person, may not be truth to another person. That there are different ways to find God. God does lead people in different ways, but ultimately, we all must enter through the cross. Straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, and few be that find it. Walking in truth is finding that God, through Christ, desires us to live a life of praise and do all things to glorify His Name. Someone who walks in truth will not live carelessly without regard to His commandments. Temptation may come, and in a time of weakness, Satan may cause us to fall. If we walk in truth as God desires us to, we can overcome the wicked one and stay in perfect fellowship with the Father. We all have a choice to walk or not walk in truth. The Psalmist said, “I will”, he made a choice to do the will of God. may we always call out to God for help to say “I will”. He will never leave us or forsake us.

No comments: