Thursday, August 10, 2023

To Our Old Age

 Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age I am he  and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear;  I will carry and will save.

I recently received a photo of myself, and had to take a second look. Surely that was not me? The years are beginning to show on my face. I’m aging to an old age. My hair is gradually turning gray, and my days on earth are becoming fewer and fewer. It is the way of all flesh, Time marches on and our days are numbered. “​The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they are fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.”(Psalm 90:10). I’m at threescore and almost five, and have found God to be faithful. For even in my old age, He has carried me through the valley of life and has brought me to this present day. I don’t know how many more days He will allow me to live, but this one thing I know, He will never leave me or forsake me. His promises are true and I choose to believe that He is able to do all things to His glory. Until He calls me home, I desire to live a life that is unspotted from the world, lifting holy hands, doing His work, and expect Him to return soon to receive the young and old who have given their hearts and life to Him

No comments: