Saturday, August 26, 2023

God Is Not Far Away

 Psalm 22:19

But you, O Lord, do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid!


There are times in our lives that we may feel that all is against us. Everything that happens cries out that God does not care, and He is far from us. Like Job, we look on every side and God is not seen. (Job. 23) We examine our hearts and ask God to search us for anything that may have displeased Him. Jesus went through his last days in a like manner. On His way to the cross, the Pharisee hated Him, the Roman government turned their back on Him. His followers denied and forsook Him, and on the cross, He cried out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me.” (Matt. 27:46). But God who not only searches our heart, but knows our desires. He looks into the depths of our heart and sees that our heart is set in serving Him. After Job looked and could not find Him, he declared, “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.” God sees the big picture, and will not forsake us in our time of need. He knows the way we have taken, and will not be far off!

No comments: