Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A New Heart

 Ezekiel 36:26-27

 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh…And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

There is something about things that are new. It implies a fresh start. As we begin a new year, we look forward to maybe doing things differently to improve our lives. When God gives us a fresh start, it is more than turning over a new leaf. It is more like letting the old leaf die and letting a new leaf grow. God wants to take the old heart of stone, hardened by sin. The callous heart of unbelief removed and replaced by a heart of flesh, full of faith compassion. The new heart has new desires and affections. “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” The Spirit of Christ now dwells in the new heart of flesh, a heart ready to receive instructions, wanting to keep his commandments. Yes, the law is now written in our hearts, and our conscience bears witness that hearts belong to Him.

No comments: