Saturday, May 11, 2024

No to Satan, and Yes to God

 Mat 5:37 (AMP)
But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’ [a firm yes or no]; anything more than that comes from the evil one.

“Don’t you understand the word “No! When I say “No”, I mean “No.” These are words often spoken to someone, often a child, who persists in asking for something they want. There is no budging or compromise. Our minds have been made up. Our statement is final, we have decided what is right and will stick with it. Satan will tempt us to take another course that God has already set before us. “This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.” (2 John 1:6). There are countless stories of those we know that started out to run the race, but failed to say “No” to the devil, and “Yes” to God. Satan tempted Eve in the garden, “Has God said.” God already told Adam and Eve they were not to eat from the tree with the forbidden fruit. Instead of telling Satan “No”, Eve started to listen to Satan, and was deceived by his words. Saying “Yes” to God and “No” to the devil requires help from a higher source of power. The Holy Spirit is able to give us the grace and strength to overcome the temptations of the devil. The chorus we sing, “I'll say, yes Lord yes to Your will and to Your way. I'll say, yes Lord yes, I will trust You and obey. When the Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart, I'll agree, and my answer will be, yes Lord yes”. It should be the cry and desire of our heart.  Let us say “No” to Satan, and “Yes” to God! 

No comments: