Saturday, May 11, 2019

Obedience at any Cost


Gen 22:2 Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom you love, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

I will never understand the mind of God and the task he ask Abraham to do. I understand the application of total surrender and giving everything to God, even those whom you love and are close to your heart. I also understand the symbolic type given here that God gave His only son to die. We teach that God would not require us to do anything that is contrary to His law. The conflict that must have gone through the mind and heart of Abraham. To do something so contrary to God’s moral law. This will always be a mystery to me. I will probably never understand the account given to us here in scripture. But this I know, that God is good and does all things right. He is sovereign and knows the beginning to the end. Who am I to question God? His word declares it and I must believe it. It is a lesson of obedience at any cost. This is the truth I choose to apply to my life.

No comments: