Friday, October 20, 2017

Dwelling in the House of God

Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

Dwelling in the house of God is more than going to a building were we gather together to sing and hear the word of God preached. To dwell in God’s house is to live in His presence, to behold the glory of God in the world around us. I don’t always feel like going to church. There are days, I would rather be alone with my thoughts, contemplating the things of God. We call it the house of God because it is a place we come to worship, but the true temple of God resided in our hearts. It is from this temple that we seek and desire to behold His beauty. To worship Him in the beauty of His holiness. The thing I desire and enquire most in life is to know that my life is pleasing to God and that my priorities in life are inline with His perfect will. It is important to seek God in the place we gather together and asked that He come and meet with us, and we should not forsake the assemble of God’s people, but make no mistake, going to church will not grant you eternal life. We our the temple of God, He must dwell in us. 

No comments: