Saturday, June 3, 2017

A New Commandment

John 13:34.35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.


Does holiness of heart instantly give a person a heart that loves everyone no matter the situation or circumstances? Being sanctified wholly, with all on the altar, surrender to serve God, with self being crucified should do something in our hearts that allows us to love in spite of the hurt that is done to us. We are creatures of emotions that feel pain and suffer injustice by others who may reject or despise us. It is even more difficult when such action are by those who we have trusted and thought were friends. Jesus said, “if you love me, you will keep my commandments. A new commandment I give to you, that ye love one another”. Love is not always a feeling, but a choice that we make. Can you love without feeing? I believe it is possible. I believe that perfect love is possible when we choose to love. If we have experience the love of Christ in our life, then we know what love is and how it works. In the face of indifference and hate, God gives us the ability to make the choice to love even when it is hard. 

No comments: