Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Holding Fast- 50 Years

 Revelation 3:11
 Behold, I come quickly; hold fast that which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

It was 50 years ago today that I took hold of a new life in Christ. There have been times in the last 50 years that my hands have trembled, and my grip was not always as tight as it should have been. Saved in a church that held strong against the trappings of the world and adding a few of their own rules and regulations, I have navigated through life asking the Holy Spirit to lead me, on the path of right living. 50 years later, at the age of 65, I still find myself navigating through life, shunning that which is evil and embracing that which is good. Holding fast to that which is clearly given to us in God’s word. Holding fast to Jesus, who is the only way to the Father. Holding fast to the promises of God’s word. Holding fast to my faith and belief that God is a rewarder for those that diligently seek Him (Heb 11:6) My eyes are set on that which is above. I’ve come too far to turn back now. He is the author and finisher of my faith. 
I started this journey as a young teenage boy of 15, and believe that God brought me to a body of believers that desired to live holy lives in this present world. Some were in bondage to their man-made rules, but many sincerely desired to please God in the way they lived. I hold fast to the teaching of a life of holiness. I find it to be a good way to live. I don’t hold fast to rules, but I do hold fast to God’s commandments that help and guide the way I live and the rules I keep. Those who have let go of God’s word will someday fall on their knees to confess that He is Lord of all. The temptation to let go and accept the way of the world and its “woke” ideas will cause the crown of God to fall from our head. We must hold fast to Christ, let our light shine in this dark sinful world, and don’t let anyone or anything take it away.

No comments: