Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Comforter


 John 14:18, 20 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you…At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you… you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.

The promise is given to believers. The Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit makes it possible for us to live in His word. For He is the Spirit of truth and lead us into a deeper relationship with Christ. He leads us to help us find who we really are. Our identity is found in the person of Christ. We have left the ways of the flesh. By the Holy Spirit, the flesh has been crucified and put to death. In the newness of life, The Holy Spirit dwells within us. He is not just with us, but He is the power that lives within us to give us power over sin and fear. He is the Spirit of love that will cast out all fear. This is the comfort given to believers, that Christ dwells in us and we in Him. 

No comments: